Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY Eyelet Shorts + August Playlist

I hate saying this, but summer is coming to an end! My school starts on Thursday, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to deal with it. No need to fear though, I have lots of summer themed posts still planned!

This spring and summer I have been obsessed with white eyelet! These shorts have been on constant rotation all summer, but I needed a more casual pair.  Since I have owned this pair of American Eagle cutoffs for two years and the length was becoming questionable, I decided to fix them up. The result is a super easy DIY!

Materials:

Denim Shorts
Eyelet Trimming
Sewing Machine
Navy Thread
Pins

Step One: Turn shorts inside out and pin eyelet material to inside.



Step Two: Sew eyelet trim to shorts.


Finished Product:

My playlist for this month is for keeping the last days of summer close to your heart. I used songs that would be more commonly known so you could sing along with your friends late at night! Belt out Call Me Maybe, which I would have used never otherwise, and make memories!

Love,
CLAIRE
simplydaringblog@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. those shorts are so cute! love them!

    Ashley
    the-southern-prepster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!!love this diy!! :)the result is perfect!!
    www.docdivatraveller.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (44).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via twitter,
    just do so and let me know so I cab follow back =)
    Have anice day, hugs Beyaz Sır <3
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com
    twitter: @_gamzeahmet_

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I try to reply if you have a blog because they mean so much to me. I would love if you followed me!:)